Wednesday, February 27, 2008

On Physics and Postcards

Dylan's telling me in his blog responses that physics is equivalent to ice cream. Or that it's make belief. Or something. I don't know how the hell he said it, but KNOW THIS!!!!!!! Physics is beautiful! Science of the subtle intricacies of life! Alternate dimensions! String theories! Chaos theories! It goes on and on and on! How is that false?! How is it untrue?!?!?!??!

I was going to throw some links at you, but I decided against it. You're lucky....this time.

In other news, I got a postcard from Rob! I was delighted. It was very confusing at first, though, to see a Buddha photo on my table. I was all, "What the hell? When did my mom start lovin' the Buddha?!" In fact, I was even mildly disappointed when I found out it wasn't hers. However, when I saw my name on it, I was all, "WOOT! I GOT MAIL!" Because it's exciting to get mail. Unless it's bills. But even then, it's still like a twisted christmas, because you're all like, "how much is it going to be THIS month?!" So there's still an element of surprise. Which almost makes it fun and exciting. Almost.

I'll be spending the next couple weeks at work, all day and all night, or at least that's how it feels. I have to go in the morning and make everyone discs (accompanyment to their piano pieces) so they can sound good at their festival. And then in the afternoon, I start teaching. And so on etc, until I finally have everything done. So don't expect much from me, blog-wise or time-wise. And even if I do have time for social goodness, my brain won't be in it 100%. Please be kind about this. I'm very sensitive to teasing.

Oh, but I must go now, to eat and fulfill my obligations to the world. I'm sure in the greater scheme of things, this all has a purpose. I'm sort of expecting a karmic reward, is that wrong of me?

Ally

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Physics is pretty awesome now that I think about it. Don't pay Dylan any mind...somehow he connected the thoughts 'angry ranting', 'physics' and 'fat free ice cream' so that should tell you something right there :P

Anonymous said...

man..no one gets my sarcasm... *falls down dead*
ZombieDylan: brain..s.. nah, uhm but yea i wasn't saying that physics were false. I was making a joke. but neh It is pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the net i guess.

Anywhos! yes the postcard was a near find. It was rather funny to walk into your kitchen and be all. whoo postcard? buhhda man? what?

Anonymous said...

Context is everything :)

Anonymous said...

Or maybe everything is context :O

Allysia said...

I disagree, wonder! See, anything can be everything. Like, "love is everything" or "plates are everything". It can all make sense because anything IS everything because it's all connected. But everything doesn't get connected to context. That would be like...life in a small box where everything amounts to only one thing. But everything should be able to amount into anything, not just context.

Anonymous said...

The Text-Con will get you.

Anonymous said...

BTW Ally, you linked the Chapter Four blog to my new one. the old link is http://www.chapter-four.co.nr/

The one under Vanished Blogs of the Past

Anonymous said...

glad you liked your postcard, i'll send you one from japan when we go this summer...