Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I guess I'm preoccupied

So Dylan's gone and deleted his blogs. What's going on? I'm sorry to have upset you, however it might have occurred.

Kelley, sorry for not being available Sunday eve, I was extremely pooched from jamming and would have been terrible company. If you don't have time prior, we should definitely hang out over the break.

Things are going really well with the band thing - we might even have all the bases covered. If the drummer we've recruited works out, things will be fantastic. We're jamming twice a week. I've been working my ass off, researching the indie musician's road, plotting out courses, working on details like bios, letterheads, imagery, photo ideas, website stuff, video, you name it, I'm all over it right now. Not to mention the recording and practicing. Not to mention all the disc work for the music festival.

I need money right now, maybe even more than independence. I'm not sure. You know what I mean. I'm very serious about music. I want to release an album, and play shows, and tour, and sell merch, and have a performance keyboard to lug around with me. I want to do it all. But dammit, this can be ever expensive and time consuming. I don't know if I'm willing to have my bank account sucked dry every month like before, because I need that cash more than ever now.

Who knows, maybe a solution will come jump out at me, a solution that will let everybody win. But my musical ambition is too important to sacrifice. I can't even apologize, I'm just not sorry at all. I just hope you understand.

Ally

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know things have gone horribly awry when you communicate mainly with your friends through blog posts and comments :P

Allysia said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H AH AA hA hA

......that's a good point :P

Anonymous said...

Hit me up some time, I might be able to help with any website things. Its been a while since I've done major site work but I can help.