Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gardenism

Figured I should probably post.

I'm a little screwed with work. Have a lot to do today, have to go in and do some disc stuff and find some prizes...yet here I am, procrastinating.

I am attempting to garden this year. Starting a few of them indoors, and when it's no longer frosty, I'm using my auntie and uncle's farm to grow them. I plan on doing a significant amount. This year, I think I'm just going to plant the basics, and see how it goes. Next year I'll try growing more creatively, because I'll have a better idea of how the hell it works. I've never really gardened before, only weeded.

In case you care, I'm growing zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, cucumber, onions, peppers, and my mom bought watermelon seeds, so we're attempting those as well (though I'm not very optimistic about it). Also growing some herbs at my house, and I think I'm going to try spinach over here too. Hopefully something turns out.

I'm really interested in growing fruit as well, but there's very few varieties that don't demand a permanent location. Who knows where I'll be next year (hopefully not here).

Might try beans this year, we'll see how it goes.

Ally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the gardening. It's a worthy endeavor, I think.