Monday, February 11, 2008

The Evil Horrors Of Facebook!

Hello,

I've just recently stumbled upon a dramatic truth, one that I've known for a while, but never really accepted inside. The truth is that Facebook is a creativity-zapping time-waster. I discussed this with Rob once, and we both agreed that the blogging world went to hell as soon as Facebook entered the picture. Well, of course! Facebook has zombies, and quick little profile updates, and meaningless games! One could easily see it's shiny allure, one could easily understand why everyone would flock to this, and abandon (sometimes) intelligent ramblings and friendly communities of such!

See, folks, it's like choosing TV over a good book, or a good journal. TV will beat all of your senses into sedation if you let it. Flashy colors, things happening a mile a minute, music to tell you what to feel, and the images erasing any mental imaginings. This is Facebook's power, yes, it's true!

So the lesson for me is, Facebook has killed my urge to blog! But this will be no more! I have returned to the blogging world with a veangance! No more will I spend my time meaninglessly carousing people's names and zombie points! That time will be spent reading, and writing, important and interesting things. DAMN YOU, FACEBOOK!

Allysia

(P.S. I'm not actually sending any hate to Facebook. It has it's own purpose. And me blaming Facebook for all my problems is really just a cover-up for my own insecurities. It's just, well, I'm going to spend less time on Facebook now, more time back with my blogger.)

(P.P.S. I'm not really sending my hate to TV, either. Though about 95% of programming is junk, and commercials will turn you into a zombie if you're not careful, there's actually some extremely valuable, helpful, and artistic programs out there that actually expand your mind, instead of close it with a manipulative passion.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Allysia! we bloggers have missed you!!.

Tho i've slightly ignored my blog for most the new year. Tho it hasn't been just facebook to blame. Mostly i was just lazy. yep.

But can't wait to read more Chow!

Allysia said...

Well I know, I've been lazy too. Facebook is really just a scapegoat, a big coverup for the fact that I haven't been able to think of much to say recently.

Let us revive the blog!

Anonymous said...

Well I made a new post! it was hard but i pulled it off. I just need to fall into my groove and it'll all be good.

We just need chad to start posting more, and it'll be old times again, oh.. Mike too!