Saturday, February 16, 2008

Black Curtains

Hello again,

I found an old poem, probably from a year and a half ago. Just thought I would share.

-----------------------------
Black Curtains

Quiet like the cold
I lost my soul in the shadows of dreams
What do I mean?

The light cannot drag me to it's end
Where does it go?
My shadow grows so old

Help I'm in the frozen empty
Nothing's real nothing's alive
Too far away in your dreams
To remember what it means
So you try to build floorboards
Footing in a transparent world
Try to peel back the black curtains
Just to find you're too uncertain to see
And you have made yourself blind.

In the frozen empty I found
Infinite possibility
Nothing is tied to me
And I'm drifting 'round the empty spaces
Tracing lines in the rifts of time
To make meaning;
To take it and make it mine.
Before the idea there was me
Floating in a transparent world
Projecting a film on black curtains

And I sculpt as my flesh
Create like my god
I am the rhythm of the waves
The bones in the graves
The dark before dawn
The ground I stand on
One splits into two
What else could we do
But multiply and divide
Stretching through the wide spaces of mind
Until you're so far along the veins of this heart..
Can I turn back?
Can I go home?
But what else could I do
But fall back into you
As close as one could get
In the division of two.

There was never a plan
For the intricate design of a life
Yet I feel like I was always yours
Just a pale glimmer
A spark in my frozen empty
Sunlight burns away the black curtains
And I become the film of apparitions
A thought that thinks itself true.

3 comments:

Corvus said...

Poem stealer! I started that poem and you know it! The first two stanzas are all me.. :( You are so mean. I'm not even on your blog buddies list anymore. Just because I always delete my blog and such. So rude. SO RUDE!

Corvus said...

AND I also gave it that title. So rude..

Allysia said...

No you did NOT give it that title. Black Curtains was mine. Later you called it 'Rainbow Curtains'. You are not allowed to take any credit for that.

Also, you didn't write the first stanza, I did. You wrote the second one only. Credit thief!