Friday, September 14, 2007

A Thought On Autumn Waves


The air sharpens slowly, kindly going for the kill - I often wonder about these familiar feelings - I can pinpoint them to autumns' past, but even then I could not describe it. Perhaps I'm on a wheel with the world, cycling and recycling those waves. If you could know how it feels, how the world has lifted. A sure softness surrounds the moment, the cars and their noise become atmospheric, present but not obnoxious, this smooth block in time.

I'm washed out of myself just a little. Is is sadness, is it peace, is it love? Is this the truth of my heart, this feeling? As though something is missing, and it's the warmest tone of melancholy. Warm in the sharp air of a dying world.

Or perhaps, in these moments, I do not feel lonely anymore; everything is dying with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture makes me think of a funky mirror. As if you(Allysia) is actually Dylan in a mirror holding a leaf.

Anonymous said...

ha-ha! ya the funny thing is, this was just a random picture. Allysia, and I were just sitting out the U Of R. and NEh neh leaf photo. :) fun!

Allysia said...

I like the way they glow...Radioactive leafs!

Anonymous said...

LEAFER-MAN!
LEAFER-MAN
DOES WHAT EVER A LEAF CAN
IS HE STRONG
NOT SO MUCH
HE GOT DA RADIOACTIVE BLOOD
HEY THERE
THERE GOES THE LEAFER-RMAN
OW

Allysia said...

*cheers from the crowd*